Pivacy, Cookie and Complaints Policy
Our Complaints Policy
- 1. What information do we collect?
- We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- (a) information about your computer and about your visits to and use of our website;
- (b) information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services;
- (c) information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us or contacting us;
- (d) information that you provide to us during telephone calls;
- (e) any other information that you choose to provide to us; and
- (g) information arising out of the services we provide to you.
- 2. Using your personal information
- (a) administer our website;
- (b) improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- (c) enable your use of our services;
(d) supply to you goods and services;
- (e) send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- (f) send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- (g) send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- (h) send you marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you (and you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- (i) provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- (j) deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you;
- (k) keep our website secure and prevent fraud.
We will not, without your express consent, provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
- 3. Disclosures
- In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- (a) to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- (b) in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- (c) in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- (d) to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- (e) to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
- 4. Security of your personal information
- We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
- We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
- 5. Policy amendments
- 6. Your rights
- You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to:
- (a) the payment of a fee; and
- (b) the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
- We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
- You may instruct us not to process your personal information for our own marketing purposes, by sending an email to us.
- 7. Third party websites
- Our website may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
- 8. Updating information
- Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
- 9. Contact
- 10. Data controller
- Our data protection registration number is ZA516969
- As a rule, cookies will make your browsing experience better. However, you may prefer to disable cookies on this site and on others. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser. We suggest consulting the ‘Help’ section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers.
- The only cookies in use on our site are for Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a web analytics tool that helps website owners understand how visitors engage with their website. Google Analytics customers can view a variety of reports about how visitors interact with their website so that they can improve it. We may collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and in order to create reports. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. Google Analytics collects information anonymously.
- For a full list of cookies used by Google Analytics for the purposes above, please click here.
- You can opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit our site.
Our Complaints Policy
- We do everything we can to make sure our customers get the best products and service possible. If you’re not completely happy with our service we’d like to hear about it so we can do something to put it right.
- If you are not satisfied with any aspect of our service or products you can tell us about your complaint in writing, by email or by telephone (our contact details are on our website).
- We aim to resolve your complaint straightaway and write to you to confirm, but if we can’t then we will write to you within three business days to tell you: why we have not resolved your complaint; who is dealing with your complaint; and when we will contact you again.
- We will keep you informed on a regular basis but if you need an update please call us and ask to speak to the person handling your complaint.
- If we can’t agree a solution with you within eight weeks of receiving your complaint, we will send a letter giving our reasons for the delay and an indication of when we expect to provide a final decision or we will issue our final decision letter which will explain our final position.